Heimtextil Russia 2021, Russia’s largest international trade fair for interior fabrics, home textiles and decorating materials has announced the start of the significant event for textile decoration professionals.
From May to July 2021, the contestants can submit their projects, created specially, as well as those realized before that suit the criteria of the Award. The organizers of the Award draw the attention to the fact that, first and foremost, the competition will be interesting to the experienced professionals with plenty of completed projects in their portfolio.
- To raise the prestige of the textile decorator profession;
- To support the talented designers and decorators on the national and international level;
- To promote innovative ideas in interior textile decoration;
- To discover new names and talents and identify the best in the profession.
Nominations and Prizes
To evaluate the works and to form the list of "TOP textile decorators of Russia and the CIS countries" the organizers have created three main nominations:
Nomination №1: Realized projects of textile decoration of living space in the "Classic Interior" style;
Nomination №2: Realized projects of textile decoration of living space in the "Modern interior" style;
Nomination №3: Realized projects of textile decoration of commercial facilities (hotel, restaurant, office, theatre, sports club, beauty salon, theater, etc.).
The prize for the 1st place in each nomination – trip to Heimtextil 2022, the largest International Trade Fair for Home and Contract Textiles (Frankfurt am Main, January 11 - 14, 2022.). For the 2nd and 3rd places the winners will be granted valuable prizes or money equivalents.
The winners will also be included in the list of "TOP textile decorators in Russia and the CIS countries"
In addition to the main nominations, partners and exhibitors of Heimtextil Russia 2021 are preparing special nominations for participants.
The awarding ceremony will take place at Heimtextil Russia 2021 at IEC “Expocentre” on September 15, 2021. The results will be published on the fair's resources and in Elle Decoration magazine - the official media partner of the Award.
The Jury of the Award includes famous foreign trendologists, Russian and foreign designers and architects, founders of design studios, representatives of industry associations and media. Thanks to their experience and comprehensive vision of interior design, the experts will be able to evaluate the professionalism of the participants and select the best in each nomination.
Jury members include
- Anne Marie Commandeur (Netherlands) – Dutch designer, founder and director of the design studio Stijlinstituut Amsterdam, trendsetter in the world of textiles, Heimtextil trends creator
- Kirill Istomin – interior designer, decorator, the founder of Kirill Istomin Interior Design & Decoration (Russia/USA), the best decorator of Russia according to AD and Elle Decoration magazines
- Anna Simonova – the founder of Russian Academy of Design, head of RAD.DESIGN studio, speaker at design and architecture international events
- Laura Sharipova - Chairman of the Association of Architects and Designers of Kazakhstan
- Oleg Klodt - architect, founder of Oleg Klodt architecture & design, co-founder of the brand O&A London and one of the top 50 best architects in Russia according to AD magazine
- Anna Agapova - creative director of Oleg Klodt architecture & design, co-founder of O&A London and one of the top 50 best architects in Russia according to AD magazine;
- Milou Ket (Netherlands) – global expert, stylist and trendsetter, founder of Milou Ket Styling & Design
- Alexey Dorozhkin - Editor-in-Chief of Elle Decoration Russia, Member of the Board of the Association of Interior Designers and Decorators of Russia
- Natalia Preobrazhenskaya – designer, founder and the head of “Cosy Flat” interior design studio, art historian, leading real estate developers’ trend books creator, leading expert of Houzz Russia, lecturer at Skillbox
- Kirill Kukharchuck - designer, architect, the founder of the European School of Interior Design and Décor, author and teacher of courses, lectures and master classes for designers.
The Expert Council of the Award that consists of the famous textile decorators: Marianna Mogilevskaya, Ekaterina Egorova, Olga Loktionova, Galina Lugina, Irina Sosnitskaya, Yesenia Semipyadnaya, Maria Belova, Natalia Zorina and industry expert Anna Runof took part in the creation of The Award Conditions. The Expert Council is an annually rotating body, whose main task is to pre-evaluate the works before the Jury.
“The Award launch is a significant event. This is the first International Award for textile designers and decorators in Russia and CIS-countries, there have not been such awards for textile decorators before. A great deal of preparatory work was done! The Award is aimed at bringing the textile decorator profession to a new level and discover new names in the industry. Initially we planned to launch in 2020, but the pandemic made its adjustments and all the events went online. We did not want to conduct the awards ceremony through the screens of monitors, because this is the brightest and the most memorable part of the event. So we decided to postpone the Award until 2021,” commented Ekaterina Tydykova, Show director of Heimtextil Russia. “And it was the right decision! We wish everyone endless inspiration and creativity. The Award will not have losers, each participant will find something for him-or herself. We are waiting for your projects and looking forward to meeting you in September!”
Take part in the Textile designers and decorators Award in Russia and the CIS countries!